6.05.2009

Yesterday....

Yesterday was an incredible day; granted I worked for a pretty long time on my feet, but the conversations yesterday were irreplaceable. Just a little preface....lately I have been struggling a lot with contrasting and overanalyzing california to arkansas, and what that means personally and relationally for me. That's a pretty selfish statement. It was all about "I" and "me"...but yes, that's what has been going through my head for the past month of being home.

Yesterday, though, those world's collided in such a beautifully orchestrated way that could have only been a gift from God. From mid-afternoon at work all the way to midnight last night God was the topic of conversation. What He's doing in our lives? How we are changing and growing...things we are beginning to realize.

Yesterday was a tad bit of a bump on the forehead, but in a good way. I realized how often I'm guilty of living my life for myself and not my creator. I realized how often I get so excited about things of this world (putt putt, hiking, coffee dates) but sometimes I find myself not having that same excitement or appreciation for our Creator. How ridiculous does it sound to appreciate the art but not the artist? He created the art for us to enjoy. How crazy does it sound to appreciate and love the music but not the musician? He created the music for us to enjoy. There's a disconnect there in our thinking. We get pumped about concerts, playing video games, going to razorback football games and calling those hogs. God created, ultimately, ALL of those things for our pleasure. Why can't/don't we have that same excitement for the Lord?

I'll tell you this. I want to! I do some days...but those other ones, those ones that are all about me, those are the days that I need to call on the name of the Lord and REJOICE in Him through all trials and tribulations. The Lord is so0o incredibly good, and we are so, so fallen....but He redeemed that sin at the cross!!

Praise God, thank you Lord for yesterday. It was an incredible breath of fresh air that I have desired so deeply for the past month, but lost touch on how to ask for it. God I pray that you restore my soul, ignite that passion and fire for you. Show me what it truly means to be selfless and serve out of love for others.

I am constantly a work in progress. I feel like I'm not the same person that I was 1 year ago, 6 months ago, or even a few weeks ago. I keep asking for God to mold, shape, and use me for His glory. I am not on this earth for self-gratification...I spent the last 20 years of my life wasting away living that lifestyle. I yearn to know the Lord, I yearn to see people grow and reach a higher potential, I yearn to never stop retaining knowledge and to never stop learning to view things from a new perspective.

"Chains be broken, lives be healed...eyes be opened, Christ is revealed!!!"

No comments: