9.16.2009

It begins with a hug..

Two people embracing for a split second in the grand spectrum of time, but that one touch can potentially make or break someone's day. A hug is a physical reassurance that someone else actually cares about you. Perhaps you aren't actually dealing with anything in particular, well that's a false statement, we are ALWAYS dealing with things...some days we are just better at supressing it than others. Some days our crap surfaces, and when it does, those are the days when a hug is much more than a friendly greeting with a close friend. Those are the days that a hug can be a phsyical representation of support, a shoulder to lean on...Jesus taking on human form.

I am called as a Christian to be daily living my life like Christ and for His ultimate glory. If giving someone something so small as a hug is one form that God can use me to bless someone's life, that's awesome. It is so easy, so effortless, yet it goes so under-appreciated on most accounts.

This brings me to think of all of the other small ways God uses me to bless lives but on most occasions it goes unnoticed. I forget to thank God for using me, even in the smallest ways. I forget to notice that I was willing to allow God to use me-that I was obedient.

No comments: