9.30.2009

Look Past the Mundane

Sometimes when I'm sitting and just observing life and the people that reside within it I notice random little things.

I was sitting in class today listening to the typical college lecture class that just consists of the professor reading notes from a powerpoint-I think it is safe to assume that everyone has had this kind of teacher or professor at one point in their school career.

Anyway, as I sat there, bored, I am wondering if that professor is happy. Is this what she saw herself doing 25 years ago when she was graduating from college? Is this the kind of professor she wanted to amount to? Where does she find joy in life? She comes to class, reads the slides of the powerpoints, we all take notes (or we are supposed to), and then we leave. Never is there interaction, never is there a hightened tone of voice that would display even the slightest bit of passion for the subject she expects us to learn.

The point of this is not to rail on some teacher that perhaps lost the passion she once had, the point is, I constantly want to know these things about people. I desire to know why people are the way they are. Why passion has been lost. Why they seem so happy or gloomy. Why they feel the need to come off so overly confident but inside they just want to be known and understood. People are so intriguing, we are all designed so differently, and we have all been through so many various situations in life that shape who we are and who we can potentially become.

I choose to see the potential in everyone. I think ANYONE has potential to grow, to do great things, they just need someone to take the time to assist them along the way. I like to be that person. I'm not necessarily more qualified than the next individual, but it's a passion God has deeply instilled in my heart and with Him and His wisdom hopefully I can help some people along the way.

No comments: