10.08.2009

People and their Poodles

I made a little journey over to Barnes & Noble after a much delayed departure from school for various reasons. My car wouldn't start, a supposed cancelled meeting wasn't cancelled, I needed to borrow someone else's car, and then I finally made it!

This blog could be about driving someone else's car, or about a dog and it's owner that looked identical (which was probably the closest resemblance I have ever seen-quite comical), or about the process of finding a book; instead, I shall write about finding the perfect journal.

I love to journal. I have journals for various different subject matters of life, but my main one is the one that was full and needed its replacement. Finding a new journal is a tedious process for me. It's just a pretty cover with empty pages to some, but to me it's the written thoughts and emotions of life. When I go back and re-read my journal those experiences in life are able to be relived in my mind.

Did I want leather or standard hardback? Colorful or classic? Empty or lined pages? Something artsy or something plain? And then after all of those decisions were somewhat made I had to consider price. How much am I willing to pay? Then I realized I would pay whatever it cost for my favorite one. Why? Well, I decided that it's a book that will stay with me for my lifetime hopefully. It's a book that is going to be filled with a few years of my life in grave detail that I would have otherwise forgotten had it not been written down. I'll pay, it's worth it.

What seemed like hours of contemplating before a decision was made was actually about 8 minutes. I considered using this process of selecting the 'perfect' journal as an illustration for something more significant, but I'll let your mind determine what that significant thing might be.

1 comment:

amy tressa said...

that's so true, when I go back and read some stuff I have written, i can recall every memory.. its awesome.. love it! keep writing! :)