10.27.2010

Not My Will but Thine

I don't know about you but what I desire to "be" when I "grow up" continually changes...


When I was 8 I wanted to be a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner...(however you might spell that)...then an Optometrist (aka an eye doctor)...then a Nascar driver (speed is fun)...then at one point I thought about being a teacher (then I realized I wouldn't have a subject to teach)...owning a business sounded fun, or working my way up, either way (this has been the most recent goal)...


I never cease to be amazed at how the Lord changes the desires of our hearts as we grow in our relationship with Him. I love when my will or what I think is my will, aligns with His...and His desires and my desires begin to mesh beautifully together. My latest aspiration is to work until I have a child...then my child becomes my work. I want to be an amazing mother that cooks fabulous meals and invites old dear friends over to fellowship with. I want to laugh with them, cry with them, pray with them...serve my husband, pray for my family so devotedly...


I know it won't always be a perfect picture, or easy by any means, but all the more reason to cling together with the Lord as our guide (James 1:2-4). Today in chapel we talked about what it looks like to be a godly woman and I left just so encouraged and empowered to spend more time in the word and more time on my knees before the Lord. I hope you got the same. 


I pray the Lord uses me to be a Proverbs 31 woman...

2 comments:

The McGregors said...

I love this post! Thank you for sharing :) I love you sissy...I know you will be a fantastic Mother and I can't wait to see that stage of your life...plus your children are bound to be as beautiful as you are inside and out!

Malia said...

Joshua 1:8-9!