11.05.2009

The Flesh

Fighting the flesh is such a constant struggle, but it makes me appreciate God's grace that much more. So often it is easy to go about the day and do what I want or need to do. Then I remember how God has called me to live, not for myself but for Him-to bring Him glory. Often I want to react to situations in my flesh, get mad, condemn the person, but how is that living in the image of Christ?

That is when God stops me, shuts me up, and tells me to spend some time with Him before I continue with my stupidity and fleshliness.

Another aspect of this though...it kills me when I hear people use their flesh/sin nature as an excuse. God has called us to a HIGHER standard of living. Yes, we are going to mess up, we aren't perfect. BUT repetitive sins are no longer a slip up, it's something more deeply engrained. There should be some level of improvement...

This all spurred from Gal 5-Lord I pray that this day wouldn't be lived for my benefit but for Yours.

No comments: