11.17.2009

Reflections of Time

When I near the end of something, I always have thoughts about how I could have done something better. Right now, I am figuring out ways I can be more influential with the time I have been given. I spend way too much time on selfish things that only benefit myself, time to step it up!

Christmas break will serve as a time of reflection. Any type of 'vacation' always allows for me to figure things out. Stepping away from the constant day to day schedule is a big deal for me. Life changing decisions or life altering decisions are always made when I get some time away from the norm.

Why? The routine is no longer there. Time is no longer filled and I can use the time I am given to my liking. More consistant and longer periods of time with God typically result...which is always going to result in some kind of life change.

Heard an interesting quote yesterday that I am not going to get exactly right but it went something along the lines of 'what if we stopped trying to apply the bible to our lives and we are started applying our lives to the bible'...

2 comments:

Jake said...

Why do you have to wait until break to reflect? Apply the bible to your life now, not when your life opens up a spot for you to fit the bible in.

Lauren Leigh said...

I think you are misunderstanding..