3.29.2010

My Life is Like Twisted Bed Sheets

Most of you that are currently reading this know me rather well. So the fact that I have random thoughts like the one I am about to share with you really won't come as much of a shock.

Last night, as I ran through my standard 'I am about to go to bed' routine which consists of changing my clothes, brushing my teeth, washing the face, memorizing what my floor looks like before I take the blind little run from turning off my lights against one wall to getting into bed without stubbing a toe or tripping...I realized something.

As I pulled back my neatly lined up comforter, I realized that morning I had only pulled up my comforter and made it look nice, however I never fixed the sheets. The sheets were a mess...they were at the foot of the bed, wrapped around itself and all twisted like. Then it came to me...that often my life is like my bed. Wait for it. Often, the top level, the surface, the outer appearance is put together. Without any digging I appear very much so together. But with a little digging, you will find quite the contrary.

I am a mess. Dirty. Unclean. Selfish. Forgetful. But here is the cool part....

The next day, brings new mercies, and the Lord is SOO good. He is incredibly faithful, way far beyond my very finite mind can ever possibly comprehend. Tomorrow (today) I can wake up and 'make my bed' (for the sake of this story), but I can choose to die to my flesh and walk with Christ. To have it somewhat more together in my spirit and soul!!

That is all. :)

No comments: