3.14.2010

Nearly 2 Years Later

It is crazy how much God changes things over the period of nearly 24 months. It's simply unexplainable. It's funny how much God has changed my priorities, convicted me, and put desires in my heart that I never even knew I possessed.


I was scanning a book the other day and something I was really drawn to is this idea that God knows us way better than we could ever possibly know ourselves so why in the world do we always try (keyword 'try') to control our circumstances/future. If we could just completely trust in the Lord based off the idea in Psalm 37 about 'delighting in Him and He will fulfill the desires of your heart', then I can't comprehend ever choosing things for myself. He knows my desires. He knows me better than I know myself. The book was referencing to the sense of the guy choosing his future wife verse the Lord. The guy fell to his knees surrendered his personal agenda and gave his 'love life' (if you will) to the Lord trusting that God could provide Him a far more adequate woman than his flesh could ever choose for himself.


That idea really resonated with me, but in many more ways than a significant other. This could be applied to jobs, school, well truly anything that requires a decision to be made. I am not saying to go out and be indecisive, but why wouldn't we trust the Lord more? He is all knowing, He has our best interest in mind, He is our Father who disciplines us out of love and for the desire to see us grow....hmmm

No comments: