5.14.2009

Intention & Motivation

I currently don't understand the complacent Christian way of life. God sent His only, perfect Son to die for a people that didn't even care to know Him so that we may have eternal life. Not only that, but so that we could know Him, have hope, learn what it means to love unconditionally. I am guilty of it too. But honestly, what are we doing with our lives? He didn't create us to be selfish. So often we base what we do in the day off of what brings US pleasure. Have you ever noticed the difference in your day though when you don't live it for yourself but for the Lord and all about others?

I don't know about you, but the change in my attitude is significant. I get so much more fulfillment and satisfaction out of living each day for the Lord. I get so much more out of having meaningful, fruitful conversations rather than talking about others, what's playing at the theater, or what's for dinner. The funny thing is, as much as I recognize the difference, more often than not the day turns out to be about me. What I can do that will bring ME pleasure. What I can eat that I will enjoy. It's time for accountability to start taking place. It's time for us to truly start making our days about God and others, and not ourselves. It burns in my soul deep when I see christians living like the world. Cussing, drinking, having sex, gossiping, being hateful for the sake of making themselves 'feel better', putting our own individuals needs before others, hoarding money that isn't even our in the first place to buy things we don't need and that won't last for eterenity.

Conversations last for eternity. Conversations and love change lives. They change lives that could lead to salvation. Salvation lasts FOREVER. Why do always get so caught up in the frivilous things of the world? We allow the enemy a foothold in our life, and he just keeps taking, he keeps digging, until we are so dissatisfied. I'm not saying it's bad to want to succeed and make money or whatever your desire might be. Just make sure you are doing it with the right intentions and with the right heart. Use that God-given opportunity to bless and encourage lives that you wouldn't have been able to reach had God not allowed you to succeed in that specific area.

I'm guilty of having wrong intentions. I'm SO guilty of living for myself. But the Lord is daily freeing me from that. My accountability comes from spending time with Him. Where will you find yours? Or perhaps, where did you find yours? I so hope that you did. There is SO much freedom in living for the Lord and others. An incredible amount of self-inflicted pressure gets released. It's not about us, it's about Him.

I just harped on that topic. Ha, I have a way with beating a dead horse. (that's a saying for anyone that doesn't know, bc no, i do not literally beat dead horses). Just wanted to clear that up and not leave an room for confusion, lol....oh goodness I need to go back to sleep I think.

No comments: